Monday, February 11, 2008

The perfect hat


The Fall 2006 issue of Knit Simple magazine has a pattern, Recipe for a Ribbed Hat (or something like that). I've followed this pattern again and again, making lots of hats for myself and for others. This is hat month for the KAL in which I'm participating (A Loose Knit Group, or alooseknitgroup on Yahoo groups). While I've got a few WIPs right now, hats (particularly this one) are super-quick and make me feel productive, so I finished one and am getting ready to cast on another.

This one, knit for my sweet girl, is made from Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande Paint, and I love it. I wish I could buy loads of it, throw it into a pile, and take a long nap. It's that soft and yummy! Alas, I can only afford a skein or two; although it's not super expensive as far as good yarn goes, it's outside my yarn-for-garments budget. So I indulge myself (and Emma) by making small projects. Not a bad plan!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

That hat is so cute, but not as cute as your Emma. I have an Emma Belle - 5, my most precious granddaughter. Glad you found our group. :)

Opal said...

How adorable!

Shannon said...

Thanks, gammy! My Emma is Emma Elizabeth. It's a pretty name for pretty girls, right? :)

I'm glad to have found the group, too. Thanks for the nice welcome!

Shannon said...

Thank you, opal! The hat couldn't be easier, and that Emma likes it (and wears it all the time!) is just icing on the cake!

Marmee said...

What a sweetie and what a smile! She is a delight. Your hat looks just perfect on that little head. Keep up the excellent work.

Shannon said...

Thank you, marmee! And thanks for stopping by the blog! :)